Now Hiring: SPED Teacher
Must be ED or Cross Categorical Certified and provide a FPCC
This position provides a blend of services to all SPED students in the school as listed below:
· Team teaches with content-area teachers in the ED-P classroom, monitors students and provides behavioral supports and interventions.
· Develops and presents curricular units and lessons to students focusing on life skills and College and Career readiness skills.
· Evaluates students’ progress; maintains positive and well-managed learning environment; serves as a role model and motivator to students.
· Coordinates special education services with the regular school program for each individual with exceptional needs and monitors the implementation of the IEP.
· Provides educational instruction as outlined in the IEP for identified individuals with exceptional needs assigned to the general education classroom
· Provides ongoing educational assessment and diagnosis of students to identify special learning problems, and coordinates the development of individual instructional plans as appropriate for the student identified with special needs.
· Maintains proper control of the class and preserves a suitable learning environment for all students.
· Maintains current records of student attendance, behavior and progress that can be easily understood and readily interpreted by others
· Participates with fellow staff members in the development and implementation of curriculum and instruction and other departmental activities.
· Keeps up to date in the subject area and continually works for the improvement of instructional techniques.
· Supervises the proper use of equipment and facilities with the students’ safety in mind.
· Builds close connections with families and the school community.
· Other duties as assigned
Medical and dental insurance